April 7, 2012

Primal Fear - 1996

Director: Gregory Hoblit
Writers: Steve Shagan & Anne Biderman
Starring: Richard Gere, Edward Norton, Laura Linney, John Mahoney

After running from the cops in bloodsoaked clothing, altar boy Aaron Stampler (Norton) is arrested for the murder of a local bishop, and almost immediately branded "Butcher Boy" by the media. Defense attorney Martin Vail (Gere) sees an opportunity that no one else would dare go near, and agrees to defend Stampler pro bono. However, this case soon becomes far more heinous than either defense or prosecution could ever imagine.

Netflix recommended I watch this movie almost as soon as I signed up, but it sat in my Instant Queue for an eternity. I finally got around to watching it, and all I can say is WOW. This film blew my mind twice over, going places I never expected. Norton won an Oscar for his role as Stampler, which happened to be his first film appearance ever. Do I really need to say anything else? A

No comments:

Post a Comment