July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - 2011





Director: David Yates
Writer; Steve Kloves
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman

"Harry Potter, the boy who lived... come to die." In the final chapter of the decade-long Harry Potter saga, the trio continues fighting to destroy the Horcruxes, even as Voldemort and the Death Eaters have overtaken Hogwarts, the one place held safe among all others.

I can't review this movie like I do others. Yeah, there were cuts and changes made, as well as the addition of the occasional scene here and there. At the end of the day, though, it didn't matter to me. Harry Potter has been too important to me and too present in my life for too long for this to be treated like just another movie to me. Besides, at this point, either you've followed the series and have to see how it ends, or you never cared in the first place. I could go on about how great Fiennes and Rickman are especially, or how much the trio has matured since the first film, or even its 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. If I'm forced to say one thing, though, I'll mention how I fought back tears twice at moments that I couldn't stand when I read them in the book four years ago. Yates has brought the greates cultural phenomenon of our generation to the ideal end.

Mischief managed.

No comments:

Post a Comment