December 12, 2009

37 (in a row?)

Thanks to a wonderful link provided by Kevin Smith on Twitter (@ThatKevinSmith), I tallied up all the 2009 releases that I've seen so far. There's 37 of them. Here we go:

My Bloody Valentine 3D

Coraline

Fanboys

Watchmen

The Great Buck Howard

Monsters vs Aliens

Adventureland

The Soloist

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Star Trek

Angels & Demons

Brothers Bloom

Up

Moon

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

HP & the Half-Blood Prince

(500) Days of Summer

Funny People

Julie & Julia

District 9

Inglorious Basterds

Taking Woodstock

Extract

9

Informant

Jennifer’s Body

Paranormal Activity

Capitalism: A Love Story

Invention of Lying

Whip It

Zombieland

Good Hair

Where the Wild Things Are

Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

Box

Men Who Stare At Goats

Fantastic Mr. Fox


Out of those, I'd recommend all but four; care to guess which? I plan to see at least three more (The Road, Sherlock Holmes, and Up in the Air) before the year ends, for a nice round 40. In 2010, I want to shoot for an average of one a week, so let's hope we get 52 decent movies in my neck of the woods.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of movies, my friend. I think the film industry is staying afloat due to your cinematic efforts.

    ReplyDelete